Are you aged 18-24 years old? Are you on Universal Credit? Then this 6 month paid Kickstart placement may be for you!
Jericho Road Solutions is led by Jess Steele OBE who has 30 years’ experience in the regeneration sector – improving neighbourhoods and making them better places to live.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to boost your CV by acquiring real-world experience of archiving and administration. The role potentially offers a route into a career in the regeneration sector.
There will be two aspects to the placement:
Working with Jess to help organise the extensive JRS archive of documents and photographs relating to regeneration in Deptford and Hastings.
Working with our Executive Coordinator at Rock House providing general administrative support to JRS.
Specific duties will include:
• Listen carefully to the archiving priorities set by Jess and add suggestions for how this might be achieved
• Scan and save photographs onto Dropbox
• With support, develop an information architecture for photographic and documentary archiving
• Arrange filing of documents for maximum usefulness
• Scheduling of meetings
• General admin support
3 days per week you will work for the Jericho Road Solutions team. An additional half a day per week will include learning events and opportunities to work with other Kickstart employees on group projects that benefit the Hastings Commons area.
Training and support will be provided. We are looking for someone with:
• An interest in information management, archives, librarianship
• A desire to learn about community-led regeneration and the social sector
• Attention to detail to ensure data entry is correct
• Trustworthy and sensitive to working in a family home (no young children)
To apply for the position of Information Assistant at Jericho Road Solutions please download the application below and submit your completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 31st May 2021.
Download your Kickstart Job Application Form here
Alternatively you can apply via an online form on this page: https://www.hastingshive.org.uk/kickstart-form-jrs-information-assistant
ADVICE ON APPLYING FOR A KICKSTART PLACEMENT
Before you start, we recommend you also download the guide below, which explains how to show your best when applying for a job.
Please note: applications for our Kickstart role are only accepted alongside a Job Centre referral.